Sunday, July 24, 2011

I found the coolest free software I've seen in a while....And it's free!

I was relaxing and reading on the Quilting Board website and found a post where they said they were using a free software to draft blocks with. So I went to Google and searched on the name she mentioned, Quilting Assistant and found it with no problems. All the Author requests is that if you want to support her work to send her quilting fabric. I thought that was really nice.

I have drafted about 6 blocks now and it was a real help on working out in my head how to put my "Farmers Wife" blocks together  I went thru the tutorial that was on their site and was amazed at how easy it was to learn. Here's the one I did last its called "broken sugar bowl".

Quilting Assistant will never be a substitute for Electric quilt but for now it's great! All I can say is thanks and then send some fabric.  I think it's so generous of them to share. The description on the website says

"Free software for designing quilts based on photos and drawing pieced quilt blocks with ease."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I finally was able to download this, this morning. Now to find the tutorial on the website.... :)

    ReplyDelete